I know that many of you may have heard about the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, but I wanted to bring everyone’s attention to a document that goes into some major points of the legislation. The document can be accessed Here.
The following are some key highlights from the document along with their corresponding page numbers:
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) Relief – Page one
- Computers purchases qualify as 529 eligible expense – Page two
- Education tax credit for couples with joint average gross income of less than $160,000 – Page two
- Up to $1,500 tax credit for expenditures which improve home energy efficiency – Page twelve
- Capital gains exclusion for the sale of a small business – Page five
- Various other provisions which benefit small businesses – Beginning on page three
You may also want to check out this Financial Soccer Game created by Practical Money Skills for Life, a financial education program of Visa. Their website is one of the best financial literacy sites I have seen and is well organized with lots of interesting facts and tips.
I encourage all of you to share these websites and the information regarding the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act with all of your friends and family.
All the best,